Monday, August 27, 2007

Fruit Dip

Before last week, I did not like fruit dip. Then I tried this recipe from my friend at Create Cakes.

The name really lacks creativity, and does not describe the taste. With cream cheese & toffee bits, this dip is tangy & sweet, and reminds me of candy and cheese cake all at once.

The recipe:

8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. powdered sugar
2/3 c. toffee bits
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix well and refrigerate.

Curiously, the texture changes as it sits in the fridge. On the first day, the flavors haven't blended much, and while it is good, it isn't as good as it will be on day 2 or 3, as the toffee and brown sugar work their magic.

I like it best with tart apples, but I'm sure it is good with many other types of fruit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin