Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Cranberry Apple Pie

Cranberry Season is drawing to a close which always makes me run to the store and buy a few extra bags. I love cranberries in everything. My son loves to make this pie and it is delicious!

Cranberry Apple Pie

Pastry for two pie crusts (pate brisee is my favourite)
2 cups sugar
1/3 cup flour
4 cups sliced tart apples
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
2 Tbsp butter

Heat oven to 425. Prepare pastry. Stir together sugar and flour. In pie pan, alternate layers of apples ,cranberries and sugar mixture, beginning and ending with apple layers. Dot top with butter. Cover with top crust and cut slits. Seal and flute edges. Cover edges with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning, remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking. Bake 40-50 minutes until crust is brown. Cool. Serves 8.

Recipe Source: Slightly modified from my mom's old orange Betty Crocker cookbook

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin