Monday, February 25, 2008

Good Eats Chocolate Truffles

I love to watch Good Eats. The science mixed with good recipes makes for good entertainment at my house. Recently Alton Brown did a series on chocolate and made truffles. Having recently made these, I was interested in his different techniques. I had to try them and see if they made it easier, and they did, even without all the equipment he has. (I don't have a melon baller or ice cream scoop, just a spade!)

I didn't take a photo, which is a horrible shortcoming, and you'll just have to use your imagination, or go look at his photos and believe that mine looked that good. However, these were extremely delicious and yummy. I learned that you want dutch cocoa for rolling the truffles in and also tried crushed peanuts. Very yummy. I also tried the semisweet crunchy coating layer over the ganache, with some success, making them taste even more like fancy store bought truffles. The only thing I changed was that I omitted the alcohol, preferring non alcoholic truffles personally. :)

I also used Ghiradelli bittersweet chocolate for the ganache filling and it was worth it! :) Yum! The recipe can be found at this link. Here is an awesome fan page someone made to the show, very helpful in finding recipes and other interesting info.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin